age updated in 2015 & 2016
updated February 12, 2016 > 40 years of ILLEGAL & WRONGFUL INCARCERATION!! 40 YEARS = 4 DECADES OF INJUSTICE!!
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; 72 years old.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; Native American.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; Federal Prisoner.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; Political Prisoner.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; Native Rights/Human Rights Activist.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; nominated 6 times for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; father, grandfather, great-grandfather, honored elder.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; Prisoner of War (POW) of the last Indian War.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; wrongfully arrested, incarcerated and convicted.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; *tortured.
Leonard Peltier #89637-132; Constitutional, Civil, Treaty and Human Rights abused, violated, denied by The United States Government and its agencies *referenced by the United States Constitution, the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, the United Nations Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment and the Geneva Convention.
There have been countless times in the past 30+ years that I’ve shaken my head in utter disbelief and asked myself these questions:
“How is it that the FBI has spent so much time, man-power and money to keep one man, Leonard Peltier #89637-132 imprisoned based on their own fear, misconstrued fallacies, and lies?” “How is it that Leonard Peltier #89637-132 is not yet a free man?”
Of course when one or two questions come to mind, more follow……
• How is it that Amnesty International, one of the biggest non-profit Human Rights Organization in the World has been advocating for Leonard Peltier #89637-132’s release from Prison for years on end to no avail?
• How is it that The United Nations, the World’s #1 Peace Force has repeatedly spoken up in many Human Rights forums for Leonard Peltier #89637-132’s release from Wrongful Incarceration to no avail?
• How is it that for 40 years (as of February 2016) countless Individuals and Organizations world-wide including Tribal Leaders, Dignitaries, Celebrities, Educators, Attorneys, Politicians, Activists, Spiritual Leaders and more have pleaded, begged, cried, and screamed for Leonard Peltier #89637-132’s release from Enslavement to no avail? For a partial list please go to > http://users.skynet.be/kola/vips.html
• How is it that the United States Government can rally for Human Rights in other Countries and condemn abuses made by other Countries yet ignore and deny abuses perpetrated by our own government within our own Country? Leonard Peltier #89637-132 is by far not the only individual so abused.
• How is it that the United States Justice System admits to and acknowledges the wrongs perpetrated against Leonard Peltier #89637-132 and yet refuses to advocate for his release by supporting that President Barack Obama (and previous Presidents) grant him Executive Clemency? For in depth info on Leonard’s case please go to > http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info/
• How is it that the United States Federal Prison System can house so many Inmates at such an outrageous cost without considering releasing those who are innocent, have served more time due to racial/ethnic prejudices, or are elderly and infirm and should have a compassionate release? Leonard Peltier #89637-132 falls into each of these categories. For a look the cost of Federal Prison please go to > http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412693-The-Growth-and-Increasing-Cost-of-the-Federal-Prison-System.pdf (from 2012)
• How is it that there has been NO Justice for Leonard Peltier #89637-132?
If Others also have asked these Questions, PLEASE contact the ONLY Man who can Release Leonard Peltier #89637-132 by Executive Clemency. Contact President Barack Obama:
The White House; President Barack Obama 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500 Please include your e-mail address Comments: 202-456-1111 Switchboard: 202-456-1414 FAX: 202-456-2461 Contact Website: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact Submit Questions & Comments: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments (fill in the form). Twitter: https://twitter.com/whitehouse (@WhiteHouse) https://twitter.com/POTUS (@POTUS) and https://twitter.com/BarackObama (@BarackObama) E-Mail: email@example.com
Thank YOU! In and With The Spirit of Crazy Horse